Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Day Search For Steel.

It is my tradition to head out the morning of New Years day to try my luck on a local river. I enjoy this particular day as it is less crowded. Most of the other fisherman are home watching football or recovering from partaking in to many spirits the night before. I normally spend the day alone but this year my brother Jason decided to forgo football for the day and chase some steel. We were to meet at 7am and head out. I woke up when Jason called me to ask were I was so needless to say I was an hour late. The river we fished had changed dramatically from the floods we had here in western Washington last month.
IMG_1840 
It was a beautiful day on the water with the sun out and crystal clear sky's. It was cold I am talking ice in the guides cold. We worked hard for fish and were reward with a dolly and a couple white fish but no steel today.
IMG_1844
IMG_1843
It was a great day on the water and I was very happy to have the company of my brother. Thanks Jas
IMG_1848
Fly Life wishes you and yours a happy new year!

By: Zane Wyll, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,driftboat,oars,flyrod,reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment