Saturday, January 8, 2011

I love days like this.

I got up this morning and it was a beautiful winter day. The sun was out and the air was calm seemed like the perfect day to head to Pass Lake and get some fishing in. I arrived at the lake around 9am and had the place to myself for the first hour and a half. I was fishing a green sparkle bugger and having no luck so I switched to a large black Zuddler cone head. That seemed to be the ticket on my second cast to the bank I hooked something large and it took me strait to the bottom and seemed to wrap me on a log or branch. I gave the fish some line and some patience and it came unwrapped after another 5 min. I had a 19in brown to hand

A half hour and 30 casts later further down the bank my fly gets hammered again. This time the fish just wants to run and puts up on hell of a fight after a couple good runs I bring a 21in brown to the net.

What a day this is shaping up to be great sunshine no wind and to nice browns caught. The brown fishing ended here no more browns today but I did manage two nice rainbows.



I love days like this throwing big meaty streamers for big fish. What a day.

By: Zane Will, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,drift boat,oars,fly rod,reel.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a blast trip!! Great work! Zane
    I miss my bluegill pond a lot, especially during this cold winter! : (

    ReplyDelete