Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day on the River

I left the house this morning around 7am still stuffed from a huge Thanksgiving dinner at Mom’s house. The weather was great around 36 degrees on the river with some snow on the ground and the rain holding off for the better part of the day.
river
I started out nymphing with no results so I switched to a sink tip and it was game on. I lost two Steelhead one at the beach and one that I LDR after a great jump, also hooked and broke off two Chums and hooked and landed two Dollys.
dolly
PB270050 (2)
One of the things that really stuck in my mind today was watching two Spey casters work down the run I was fishing. What an amazing art form to watch. I might have to try that. Thanks for looking.

By: Zane Wyll, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,driftboat,oars,flyrod,reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment