Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Pass

Although Pass lake on Highway 20 about six miles south of Anacortes Washington is no secret. This time of year it can be a very productive solution to a blown out S river. Yesterday I had a few hours to kill and I am fortunate enough to live 5 min. from Pass Lake. So as you would guess I hooked up the drift boat and hit the lake. It was a beautiful November day, not much wind and the sun peaking through a light cloud cover. A great day to be on the water. The fishing was not the hottest i have seen it but after throughing about everything in my fly box at the lake I decieded to put some meat on the end of my leader in the form of a three inch kiwi muddler that felt like it weighed about 2lbs on my four weight rod. My favorite way to fish The Pass is banging the bank hard and strippin like a mad man. Here are a couple pics of my bounty.Picture 001
A beautiful 17 inch Rainbow
Picture 003
Here is the tough little 18 to 19 inch brown trout
If you have the time Pass Lake is well worth it.
tight lines zane

By: Zane Wyll, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,driftboat,oars,flyrod,reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment