Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Learning Curve

I don’t know about you, but I always love to fish new places. It is always a challenge try to find out what fly or what fishing technique is going to work. On Sunday this week instead of going to Pass Lake here in Anacortes I decided to get out of my box and try another local lake that I have only fished one other time. The weather was amazing and the scenery beautiful.
IMG_1831
IMG_1832
I wish I could say that the fishing was great. After a full afternoon of trying numerous flies and fishing styles. I left the lake with a relaxed but defeated mindset. I know there is fish in the lake and I vow that I will find out how to master them. Sometimes the work and effort we put into realizing success in a fishery is a large part of what draws us to fishing. There are so many variables that go into catching fish that at times it can be a puzzle that can be tough to solve. In the process we are blessed with great views and a solitude and peace that is healing to the soul.
Merry Christmas and remember to enjoy your surroundings Tight Lines
Fly Life  

By: Zane Wyll, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,driftboat,oars,flyrod,reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment