Monday, September 27, 2010

Brownsville on the Westside.

So last night I took my friend Hank out fishing on a local fairly popular fly-fishing lake. It was a mild night
just after a day of hard rain and the wind was almost nill. Now I must confess that I do fish this lake quite often and do catch fish on a regular basis. the catch is dominated by rainbows with the occasional Brown for good measure. Last night the fishing and the catching was turned on its ear. Hank and I landed 5 Browns over 18in the largest measuring 22in. We broke off 4 others one that was pushing 30 plus inches. You must know that Hank is an Iowa boy that is used to catching Bass and Crappie so you can Imagine the look on his face when he lands this Hog of a Brown.

Hanks Big Brown





needless to say it was a great couple of hours. We had a double and landed both browns. We fished from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. I was stripping streamers and hank caught his browns on a dry! It still just gives me a rush to know I can catch browns like this in western Washington 10 min. from my house. Tight lines

By: Zane Wyll, fly fishing, Washington,drift,brown trout,rainbow,searun cutthroat,steelhead,skiff,flies,fly wallet, swing,nymph,Skagit,Stilly,Sauk,Pass lake,Washington fly fishing,catch and release,fishing with friends,fishing report,fishing trips,free fishing, military fish free,premier fly fishing, west,Idaho,Montana,Mexico,Pesca,bonefish,Snook,driftboat,oars,flyrod,reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment